07 May 2009

Beginings of a doublet for Gryffen

I actually managed to get a little bit done last night until the headache took over. Got the fabric cut out (black velveteen) and the interfacing cut out and ironed onto the fabric pieces. Pieces have been pinned ready to sew of the lining and the main fabric. The issue I have at the moment is there is only so much I can sew before I need to put the trim on before completing the rest of the sewing. I got an email last night to say there had been a hiccup with my order - the online store thingy let me order more frog closures than was in stock - oh bother. I was asked if I would like to wait one or two weeks for the new stock to come in or if I would like what they had now sent and send the remainder when it arrives - I opted for the second option! So, it doesn't look like I will have my trim by the weekend now - oh bother! Murphy's Law of course - my fault for leaving it to the last minute! I can see a few late nights next week! The other problem of course is we only get mail Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hopefully the trim will arrive by Monday otherwise it is going to be awfully tight! If worst comes to worst, I'll just sew the doublets together plain and attach the trim when it arrives - a little bit more mucking around but doable! Have I learned my lesson? Time will tell! LOL

No comments: