15 April 2009

Italian Renaissance Gown project part two

I found an instruction booklet called "Italian Renaissance Gown Construction" by Mistress Leona Khadine d'Este and Mistress Enid D'Auliere. I normally like to have a pattern as I am not a confident seamstress however these instructions are clear enough that I think I want to give it a go!
The first things I need to do are:
1) Get mum to help me get accurate measurements
2) Decide on a chemise
3) Decide type of bodice - front, back or side lacing
4) Decide on neck shape - square, round or v
5) Detached, attached or combination sleeves?
6) One, two or three piece sleeves etc (So many choices!!! LOL)
7) What embellishments?
8) Make bodice pattern
9) Make chemise
10) Make gown
11) Research headwear and make
12) Research accessories

No comments: