15 April 2009

Day two of the project

12/4/2009
Fabric cut out as well as lining (I used calico from my stash) and iron on interfacing. I used lightweight interfacing as that is what I had in my stash but heavy should be used. Sewed the bodice and remembered to leave the armholes un-sewn but forgot to leave the bottom hem open! Unpicked the hem......I had only one length of material left to make the skirt - luckily it was long enough and wide enough! It isn't particularly full but I still needed to pleat it to fit the bodice. Sewed the skirt to the bodice. Now I need to hand sew the armhole lining to the bodice and the bodice lining over the seam of the skirt where it attaches to the bodice. I also put boning in the front closure to stop the lacing holes pulling too severely. I also need to do the lacing holes.
Still need to decide on sleeve style which is the next part of the project!

No comments: