14 April 2009

Italian Inspiration

Part one - started 11/4/2009

I haven't made myself a new outfit for some time. Elizabethan wasn't for me - too hot and too cumbersome for what I need. I still love my cotehardies and Viking is very practical and comfortable. This time though, I want to try something different. I have seen some Italian Renaissance gowns and I must admit I like the look of them. What they look like on me though may be something totally different! LOL I have a large stash of material so I figured I'll make an outfit and if it doesn't suit me, it will be a gift for the hospit gear. If it does turn out, then I will use my burgundy velveteen to make a speccy outfit ;-)

Where to start? Atlantia A & S links, Realm of Venus, Google and several hours later I have a starting point. I like these portraits, courtesy of Realm of Venus .







Will post more tomorrow......

No comments: