08 January 2009

One arming cap done, three to go......

I finally got around to giving the pattern a go that Johanna gave me a few weeks ago. I made the arming cap with the leftovers from the material of the gambeson. Just need to add ties and it is done ;-) I should be able to get the other three done with the rest of the leftovers - I have tried the 'draft' on the other three and I am good to go. Will try and get them done by Saturday.

I need to get the other three gambesons done this weekend too if possible - K is coming up to learn how to make one for P so really I only have two to make and help with the third ;-)

Once that is done, I want to start on my Viking Apron Dress - I have had the material for over 12 months now and I got some beautiful trim from the Radburne War chest that will go perfectly LOL.

Will try and get a picture of the arming cap here tonight when I get home..........

No comments: