09 January 2009

Arming caps almost done and dusted....

Got the remaining three arming caps cut out and sewn last night - just need to sew on ties under the chin. Then I will put them on again and see if they need any adjustment ;-) The boys think that is not necessary as the weight of the helms will keep them flat but I am not so sure. Obviously they all have different shaped heads so the pattern fits some better than others. All in all, not a bad effort though for a first go! Will be making gambesons this weekend.....I haven't got a photo of the caps yet, will try and get that tonight. We were too busy giggling about my husband in his almost complete gambeson, trying on his new helm (which is also not complete), cigarette hanging out of his mouth and shorts and thongs on. What can I really say but it was a 'Kodak' moment! LOL

You know you are in the SCA when.........



No comments: