14 January 2009

Gambeson number two almost complete

Got the second gambeson almost done - need to hand sew the 'flap' at the front and add closures. What is it with me and closures? I have about 4 things that need closures and I keep avoiding them! Maybe because doing lacing holes is not my favourite thing ;-)

This gambeson was meant for Pete but it ended up being too small in the sleeves/armholes because it is much thicker than the first one I made (and I didn't quilt it). All is not lost - it fits Wolfstanus who also needs a gambeson! So, two down, two to go!

When I make Pete's this time I will cut it large, then quilt the pieces, then cut it to the size I need. I think I will baste this time, mark out any adjustments and then do the final cut and sewing. I know this is how you should do it anyway but I am just too impatient ;-) Then I just have Conrad's to make.

Once the gambesons are out of the way, Terry, Pete and Wolfstanus need tabards. (Conrad already has a House Pretect one.) Then once they are done, I need to make T-Tunics for Pete and Kristy, baggy trousers for the three boys, finish the lacing holes on my cotehardie, make my viking apron dress, t-tunics for Terry, sleeveless doublets (2 each) for Conrad and Wolfstanus. And all before Border War! Ahhhh!

No comments: